UA-58371704-1

Tuesday, 21 May 2013

Hair Care

Hi Dolls,
This is going to be quite a long post, but I trust you could find it useful if you are having problems with your hair. I am probably the last person to post anything regarding hair, as I have committed some of deadliest sins when it comes to my hair. Ever since I have coloured my hair blonde and literally had it fried with all the chemicals, I have made it my mission to commit myself to growing my hair back to its originally healthy state. I know that it will not happen overnight… But I have literally started searching and educating myself regarding healthy hair care. Sometimes it the little things that we do to our hair without knowing it, that causes the most damage. So just little over the 5 months I have been embarking on this journey to find a way to get my hair to manageable state without having to cut it all off!

I promise it was that bad… I am going to share with some of my tips that has actually made my hair really soft and manageable and I can definitely see a difference in literally 5 months general care for my hair.

1. Wetting your hair
I there is physically nothing wrong with it, but I’ve noticed that when I wet my hair and leave it curled or frizzed like that for a couple of days it is a mission to eventually comb out, which eventually leads to breakage. Wetting your hair could also lead to your hair drying out in the long run.

2. Find a suitable Hair Salon
In my process of trying to get my hair manageable, I had gone to various salons and kept getting snotty remarks from the hairstylist telling me my hair is damaged. Duh! I know that already….
They would give me no advise just criticism and eventually do my hair and tell me it’s going to look bad because its damaged so ill have to cover my hair until it grows back! I couldn’t believe the comments I was getting as I pay for a salon to figure it out. It was crazy I eventually tried a different salon and I have never been so happy. My new stylist told me that if I want my hair to at least look a bit healthier we could try trimming the ends as that’s where it shows the damage the most. She literally only cut of my ends, she told me that we don’t need to touch the length at all. She gave me a conditioning treatments and I could immediately see and feel the difference in my hair. I was blown away and I got so much great comments about how it looked. Even now when I go to my hair stylist just for a wash and a blow… she constantly motivates me and shows me how much my hair has grown and how nicely it is coming along. We need more people to motivate and support than to criticize. So talk to a hair stylist you are comfortable with about your vision.

3. Use Good Products
As important it is to eat good healthy food the same it is for your hair. Use good products and try different ones. It makes this process so much more fun. I always used the Tresseme Colour protection Shampoo and Conditioner but my hair tends to get use to the product and then it doesn’t give me the same results. So I am currently using the Dove Shampoo for Damanged Hair and Dove Conditioner for Heat protection. I also purchased a damaged Hair Mask from Sunsilk, and I can feel how silky smooth my hair feels after using these products. It’s all about what works for you. I use these products for about 2 months and then ill switch it up, try using as little heat on your hair as possible. You will see when your hair needs that extra boost.


4. Inside & Out
I find that it’s also not only what you use on the outside but also on the inside, so I’m currently using Omega 3 & 6 tablet.  You can purchase it from any Pharmacy or health store, It’s a combination of Omega 3 essential fatty acids from cold water salmon oil and cold pressed Flaxseed oil (Omega3,6 & 9) from plant origin as well as Omega 6 fatty acid from Borage oil. Essentially fatty acids plays a role in maintaining the heart, brain health, good blood circulation and functioning of eyes, skin, joints hair, immune and nervous system. Essential Fatty acids cannot be manufactured by the body, so we have to ingest it through proper diet and supplementation.


If you have any tips you also would like to share, let me know in the below comment box.

Channi Chic

4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for leaving some blog love on www.dressedinthecity.com :-) really enjoyed this! I have a thing about my hair as most women do LoL and glad you finally found a stylist who knows what she's doing =) x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the same problem, with damaged hair due to a bad diet and stress. This range of Dove shampoos and conditioners was a lifesaver. It's kind of amazing how quickly you notice results with them. I've also been using the VO5 hot oil treatments once a week. They really give your hair an added boost and reduce the appearance of split ends.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh will definitely try some of your recommendations :)
    You have a lovely blog!! What do you think about following each other on GFC, Bloglovin and/or Facebook? Please let me know if you're interested and I'll follow back. Hope to hear from you soon.

    xoxo
    Louisa
    http://lapassionvoutee.blogspot.com/
    http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/4452413
    https://www.facebook.com/LaPassionVoutee

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should try out the Botanics 3 minute deep conditioning hair mask. It's probably the best hair mask I've ever come across, just makes my hair feel so healthy and nourished without weighing it down. And it's cheap too!

    Kate x

    kashazee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete