UA-58371704-1

Sunday, 19 January 2014

Road Trip: Day 1

I am so excited to finally be going on a mini vacation, as it’s been quiet a busy year regarding work and studies and I've been looking forward to having a bit off down time. I also thought that I didn’t want shut down my blog for the upcoming 2 weeks so ill be posting, or atleast try to post everyday about our road trip and the adventures we get up to in our beautiful country, South Africa. I have some random pictures of my day!

So on Day 1 we departed from Cape Town at about 3:30am, we wanted to drive rather early and miss most of the heat of the sun. We stopped at a few spots along the road such as Montague, Calitzdorp & Ladismith. It really is such a beautiful experience to see our country and all its beauty as we embarked on this journey!
After driving for 5 hours we arrived at our current destination, Outshoorn. Before we went and explored the area, we opted to stop at the trusted Spur for our morning breakfast.
We then got on Route to the Cango Caves; I have gone before in Grade 7 on our school tour. But experiencing it now is such an eye opener as to how mysterious and beautiful this land really is. They took us into a chamber and we were taken back in time to when the Bushman had inhabited the caves. It was such an educational experience.

We then needed to book into our accommodation called “Plaaswerf Huisies” in Outshoorn which we would spend the night. This was a beautifully situated cottage between surrounded with Ostriches.

We ended the evening with a dip in the pool, supper and then off to bed to regain strength for that which awaits us tomorrow xx

Look out for tomorrows post on Road Trip: Day 2

Channi Chic

3 comments:

  1. What I would do for a roadtrip right now... Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. l absolutely fell in love with your blog, following you!<3
    Make sure you also check out my blog and follow me as well.

    http://fashionableperfection.blogspot.nl/

    Love John Setrodipo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure its loads of fun! Enjoy and take lots of snapshots :)

    ReplyDelete