UA-58371704-1

Monday, 27 October 2014

Someone’s Trash, could be your Treasure!

This is definitely not the type of posts that you find on my blog, but I thought that it would be nice to share. So if you know me you would know that there is nothing as good as an Awesome Bargain. I love searching and finding those gems that are a fraction of the price of what I would originally pay.
Let me put it out there I buy and sell things on Gumtree all the time. I don’t know what I would do without it. For years I've been selling my University Textbook and even purchasing some books in good condition for half of what I would have if I had to purchase it brand new. Quite a while ago, I did some spring cleaning and ended up bagging all my unwanted clothing, I went onto Gumtree and sold the whole bag in one go. But I do know of people that are rather weary of buying or selling on gumtree, or let me say online instead. So seeing that I've done it safely quite a few time, I want to share some tips with you.

Tips for buying on Gumtree & keeping safe:
-Make sure that the post at-least looks legit. There are loads of fraudsters trying to con people not just on Gumtree but on majority of various online platforms. Make sure that the post has enough detail for you to go on.
-Don’t meet anyone alone or in an isolated place. Meeting at the mall is a good place to start, as there is usually security and loads of people around. Whenever I sell a textbook or an item I usually advise the person to come to my work which is code for loads of security at the entrance.
- PS: Trust your gut, it is usually right. When you feel uncomfortable or the person looks or seems dodgy, take note you are probably right. Take someone with you it will make you feel more secure.
-Confirm the price beforehand, and advise that it’s non negotiable before meeting the person. Arguing and conversing about the price when meeting is a no go. You want to process to go smooth and seamless when you meet.
-Make sure that the picture of the item that’s loaded is what you will be receiving, ask and double check. As at times generic pictures are loaded that does not show the exact item that you will be buying merely a representation.

If you cover your bases, you will be perfectly fine when purchasing on Gumtree! 
Ill share some of the product on Gumtree that's on my wish list:
Dolce & Gabbana Sunglasses: R1000
How cute would you look sporting these sunnies!
These heels will get many heads turning!
Male Pugs: R1500
Ok! How can you resist this face...
Garden Bench
This is such a gorgeous piece of furniture, would love to have this in my garden.
Here are a few more link to check out:   
Tickets for sale
Used cameras for sale
Camping gear
Garden furniture for sale
Summer dresses for sale
Used sunglasses

When you have a chance check out these links, you might just find some treasure xx

If you are not following me already, check me out on the below social media channels

2 comments:

  1. Hello! I have been working on a new video for my youtube channel. I have recently posted my first vlog and more videos coming soon. I am still new to the video editing and vlog thing. Would appreciate if you will check out and subscribe to my youtube channel. Thank you!

    Blog | Youtube | Bloglovin | Twitter | She Said Beauty | Lookbook | Polyvore

    ReplyDelete