UA-58371704-1

Wednesday, 22 October 2014

Style Bar: Transformation

So for last couple of months I've been going back and forth with my hair. So let me give you a bit of history. I've gone from dark hair, to red hair to blonde hair, then back to black, then brunette and then back to blonde. It always just seem to go back to blonde. These are a few of the questions I often receive: Why do you want to go blonde? Isn't your hair getting damaged? How demanding is the maintenance to your hair? The thing is that I don’t always have the answers to the questions I get asked. So I've been blonde for about 8 months now and touching up my roots has been a nightmare. I've been to various hair salons, but I end up getting a colour that I don’t want or my roots are not a consistent shade to the rest of my head. Before I would start the hair stylist would promise me the perfect shade and then at the end would not be able to deliver. So for the past 2 months I have not touched up my roots, due the shock of not knowing what I’ll end up with. So after having people endlessly asking me, when I’ll be doing my roots I knew that it was time to jump on to the wagon once again.

I booked my appointment with The Style Bar as I had been there previously with a media launch of the Schwarzkopf Bonacure Range. Click here to see post.
I arrived at the Style Bar in Tygervalley Centre on an early Sunday morning. My hairstylist and I had started out with a consultation where we literally sat down and discussed exactly what I wanted with regards to colour and what I wanted to achieve with my hair. 
After we had established what I wanted my stylist jumped right in.
PS: Let me warn you some fun facial expressions will appear.
 She decided to only colour my roots and not my whole head to minimize damage. After that she applied a toner to neutralize the colour and to avoid the yellow gold-ish undertone. After the toner was rinsed off, I received a lovely head massage. 
PS: that was such an absolute treat. 
 She decided to only colour my roots and not my whole head to minimize damage. After that she applied a toner to neutralize the colour and to avoid the yellow gold-ish undertone. After the toner was rinsed off, I received a lovely head massage. 
PS: that was such an absolute treat. 
What I loved even more is that they used BC Schwarzkopf range on my hair. Its products that I’m already using. So that was an extra + for me.
I was absolutely trilled when I saw how my hair has turned out. It was was the perfect shade that I had wanted and even after the colour my hair was so soft and silky.
After I had left that salon, I went out to show off my gorgeous tresses.
I will conclude in saying that this is the first time that I am completely satisfied with how my hair has turned out. The level of professionalism and hospitality that was shown when visited the Style Bar is remarkable. I'm loving the amount of compliments i'm getting about the new colour and I've been told that its suits me so well.

Visit the Style Bar site to find a salon near you. I highly recommend you do! You can also follow them on Twitter and like them on Facebook.
Thank You Style Bar for making me love my hair again, see you soon xx
PS: This service was supplied by Style Bar. I have not received compensation for this post and all opinions on the service is my own.
If you are not following me already, check me out on the below social media channels

3 comments:

  1. Love the colour babes you look so cute and they did a perfect job

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blonde shade is beautiful - love the almost silvery tone to it :) You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post
    Fabulous hair color dear

    Love Vikee
    www.slavetofashion9771.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete