UA-58371704-1

Monday, 17 November 2014

EVENT: Fashion & Beauty Trend Spotting

So last Tuesday I was invited to “The Fashion & Beauty Trend Spotting” event at 6 Spin Street Gallery. When I arrived I was greeted by various brands that wanted nothing else, but to explain their product and the passion behind it. The set up was like that of a market sphere with a generous lay-out of different tables and amazing products and brands on display. Unfortunately I arrived a bit late and during that time there was a talk hosted by none other than Jackie Burger. I was totally bummed that I couldn't listen in on her valuable advice and insight in the industry. But on the bright side everyone was in the Q&A session and it gave me more than enough time to move from one table to the next without any worry of it being too busy or overcrowded.
MIGLIO DESIGNER JEWELLERY
One of the first brands that I got to engage with was Miglio, designer jewellery. There product is unique and exquisite. The jewellery is quiet an expression of one’s individual style. I was more than happy to participate in their “Wear It & Share It” competition. I literally just wore one of my favourite pieces Miglio pieces, took a #selfie and tagged @migliojewellery. You could win R2000 in vouchers. I then received a stunning goodie bag with a unique pair of earrings that can actually be worn 4 different ways. How amazing is that? Cannot wait to show you all how I style these earrings. 

 BEE NATURAL CAPE
Bee Natural was one of the products I really enjoyed hearing about. When I heard about the amazing properties of beeswax, I was astounded at all the benefits it carries. The Bee Natural product was formulated about 9 years ago and after years of experimenting they have been able to produce a cutting edge head to toe balm which is effective in every aspect of beautifying and healing. One of the products I particularly love is the Rehydrating Face Balm; it makes my skin feel so soft and well taken care of. www.beenatural.co.za
NATURALMENTE
Naturalmente is a sustainably harvested natural product for hair, body, baby and home. These products are free of petrochemical by-product and synthetic substances and are NOT tested on animals. Let me tell you Ive just used the Naturalmente shampoo and conditioner and I really can tell the difference. My hair is smooth from root to end. I am really impressed. You need to try this product for yourself. 
BREATHE SKINTHERAPHY
This product is formulated using pure plant and flower aromas which have been cultivated using bio dynamic agriculture. They can be used in aromatherapy, for hair and skin wellness. The substances banned in these products are silicone's, parabens petroleum and its derivatives, artificial colourings, sls, peg , nickel. I am really excited to start using these products will let you know the results asap.
HEALING EARTH
I was quiet intrigued with this product as the display on the table was so beautifully laid. The Healing Earth is a premium African spa brand offering organic products & holistic spa therapies. It contains only the purest natural ingredients. The Healing Earth products are created from Africa’s powerful minerals, oceans, flowers, herbs, fruit, seeds and natural oils. I received a lovely box which contained all their current products. Must say thus far the marula & neroli body balm & grape foot detox gel is my favourite. Cannot wait to try the coffee, cinnamon & orange body polish for cellulite, it just smells divine, such an absolute treat. www.healingearth.co.za
LATINOIL
Latinoil is the first essential hair treatment in the industry to be made from Chia Seed Oil. The lightweight, multipurpose formula is an unmatched source of Antioxidants and Omega Fatty Acid. This product nourishes your hair, adding instant shine, conditioning and intensive repair. It’s perfect for all types of hair. This product eliminates frizz, speeds up drying time and extends life of colour treatments. My hair very much falls under the coloured haired box and I am usually very particular and skeptical with the products I use on my hair. But I thought I’d give this product ago, I applied it to my damp hair just before my blow dry and was really surprised at the beautiful shine and nourished feel it gave my hair. My ends appeared less dry and over all feel were so smooth and sleek. I am inlove with this product and would recommend it to anyone, that’s hair need some extra TLC
Unfortunately I was a bit pressed for time and couldn't go around all the displays, below are a list of exhibitors that was on show:

Unfortunately I was a bit pressed for time and couldn't go around all the displays, below are a list of exhibitors that was on show such as Anaclinical, Ama Luisa Footwear, Birds Of a Feather, Black Betty Designs, Bodhisattva, Callaghan Collezioni, Cirepil by Perron Rigot, Coast & Koi Shoes, DR Hauschka Skin Care, Healthway Natural Products, Love My Hair, Sanctuary Signature Spa, Scarlett Swimwear, Smith Jewellery, Symbols on Silk, Yellow Jewellery
BIG “Thank You” goes to Andrea Desfarges from PublicitySA for organizing such an insightful event.

If you are not following me already, check me out on the below social media channels

3 comments:

  1. Looks amazing, love the earrings..

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolute pleasure Channi. Look forward to the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, Chantal! Pity you missed Jackie - her talk was super inspiring xoxo

    ReplyDelete