UA-58371704-1

Wednesday, 25 February 2015

G-Star Raw Jeans

Last night I attended the G-star Spring/Summer 2015 Launch Campaign #TightORWide hosted at Truth. Transforming TRUTH Coffee House in the heart of Cape Town’s vibrant CBD into a #TightOrWide gallery exhibition and club. It was an absolutely awesome evening filled with loads of awesome people wearing beautiful denims.
I mean it’s really crazy to think that majority of our wardrobe consists of denims and that it has become one of the must have items in your closet. If you don’t own a pair of denims, are you even human? Lol
For their Spring/Summer ’15 campaign, G-Star RAW has captured this essence of jeans and expressed it through their diverse range of styles and fits. Enlisting Ellen von Unwerth for its photography, a natural fit in itself with her affinity for denim and forte with the female subject, the campaign is carried into the online using a slogan-hashtag combination, “Wear it 
#TightorWide”.
I started my evening with the awesome photobooth that they had set up and ofcourse myself and my buddy Crystal was having a ball of a time snapping away. You can view those pictures on either my FB or Instagram page.The campaign launch event was complemented with a combination of live DJ performances by Grant Marshall of Massive Attack, a.k.a. DJ Daddy G and local DJ pH. 
Notable guests of the evening included Katlego Maboe, Loyiso Bala, Liezel van der Westhuizen, Siv Ngesi, Jimmy Nevis and Anton Jeftha.
The theme of the evening was based on “How you wear your denims? Tight or Wide, well I am very much a tight girl, the tighter the denim the better.
 The evening sprung off with awesome snacks, drinks and great conversation with fellow media personnel & bloggers. Ah...my kinda people!
Big Thanks to Vivid Luxury for having me.

No comments:

Post a Comment