UA-58371704-1

Monday, 9 November 2015

#EFC45

So this past weekend I went & watched the much anticipated #EFC45 at Grand West, Grand Arena as part of Media. 
The fight schedule was definitely something to look forward to and I must say the line up was looking really strong. A few of my favourite matches of the evening was definitely the Flyweight division which was Shana Powers VS Kirsty Davis, in the Welterweight division Bruno Mukulu VS Joe Cummins, Light Heavyweight Ruan Potts VS Tumelo Maphutha, & the main event of the evening the light Heavyweight division which was 
Gideon Drotschie VS Champion Dalcha.
After watching Shana Powers fight and Win, she's definitely one kick ass girl and has become one of the female fighters to seriously keep an eye out for! I was lucky enough to get the opportunity to ask Shana Powers a few questions, see below:
ME: Shana wow, what an great performance from you, what made you decide to get into this sport?
Shana's Response: I was studying personal training when I met Chef (*Norman Wessels, EFC light heavyweight champion and FFM co-owner) at a social event. He asked me to come and see if I would like to work at Fight Fit Militia. I went down to the gym one evening and that was it, I never left.
FFM being a mixed martial arts gym, I started learning about the sport. I fell in love and haven't stopped training.

ME: What's your favorite strike/submission to use in any fight?
Shana's Response:You saw one of them on Saturday. Love my spinning back fist, but in general I love stand up as well as Jits. I've won two of my fights via RNC

ME: What do you think separates you from every other fighter in your division?
Shana's Response: What separates me from any other fighter in my division is my coach and my team. Without them I wouldn't be the athlete I am today.

ME: After such a great performance at EFC45 what is the next Step for Shana Powers?
 Shana's Response: The next step is to win my next fight so hopefully I can be the first female to fight for the title and be the first EFC female champion! 
Shana Power defeated Kirsty Davis via TKO in 1:45 in round 1.
A few other great matches of the evening included England's Joe 'Silk' Cummins right on the money with his jab and went on to win the fight via unanimous decision. 
Then another great fight of the night was when Tumelo Maphutha goes on to win the biggest fight of his career via unanimous decision over the former heavyweight champion Ruan Potts. I managed to even score a picture with Tumelo after his match, he is definitely another fighter to keep your eye out on...
The main event was quite a fight with Gideon Drotschie VS Champion Dalcha, and I've never been this excited to watch a fight! Drotschie and Dalcha entered their bout as favourites, a prediction proved right in the first two action packed rounds. A deep cut to Drotschie's forehead sapped his will, however, and Dalcha pounced with a trademark blistering take down and savage ground and pound, prompting Drotschie to verbally submit in the fourth round.
 Champion Dalcha defeated Gideon Drotschie via verbal submission 1:10 in round 4.
EFC 46: Takes place at Carnival City, Johannesburg, on Saturday 12 November 2015. Tickets available at www.computicket.com. 
This is definitely and event not to be missed!

No comments:

Post a Comment