UA-58371704-1

Thursday, 14 January 2016

Review: What is Olaplex?

So I’ve been getting a lot of compliments & question about my hair lately. I been stopped in public spaces; I’ve been walked up to in shopping centers & I have even been getting the occasional your hair "looks awesome", "love the colour" comment. But above all, I get asked quite a bit of concerning questions too, such as “how do you manage to get your hair this light?”, “How does your hair not fall out?”, & "Isn't that damaging your hair?"
Well I was asking myself all of the same questions until I was told about this miracle product called Olaplex by my salon, StyleBar. They know how much I love colouring my hair, so this product suited me perfectly. 

What is Olaplex you ask? Olaplex pushes the envelope further without compromising the integrity of hair. So whcih means you can colour your hair without the worry of damage. OLAPLEX is a revolutionary that repairs the broken disulphide bonds in our hair. These bonds get broken down in a number of ways: by frequent colouring, bleaching, applying heat to your hair or even general everyday wear and tear.
OLAPLEX is a revolutionary damaged hair treatment that repairs the broken disulphide bonds in our hair. These bonds get broken down in a number of ways: by frequent colouring, bleaching, applying heat to your hair or even general everyday wear and tear. Sounds crazy right?

How did Olaplex originate? It started with two of the world's leading PHD's in Materials and Chemistry that had never worked on hair products before, Dr. Eric Pressly and Dr. Craig Hawker. With this fresh outlook, this dream team invented a single ingredient chemistry, that is free of silicone or oils that links broken bonds in the hair during and after chemical services making them stronger than they were before. As they say, the proof is in the pudding.
So to say the least I colour my hair religiously every 6weeks and found that the damage was taking a major toll on the condition and texture of my hair. Usually after a full head of bleach my hair woiuld be left with a “straw-like” feeling and it would wreck havoc on my ends. So when Olaplex was suggested to me by my stylist at Stylebar I knew that this was something that i needed to try. No damage? Mmmm sounded too- good to be true. So off I went about 2 months ago for my 1st session starting with brown/blonde hair for a complete transformation to white blonde hair. In my mind I dreaded my hair feeling stiff, but loving colour as much as I do. I jumped right in. The stylist did the complete chemical process and gave me a swift blow dry. This would be the test! To my absolute surprise, after 2bleach sessions, as my natural is rather dark. My hair was soft and I could run my fingers through with no effort. My stylist gave me another bottle to take home & apply 5days after my colour session and so I did. I could not believe how soft my hair was.
So 6weeks later I went back on Monday to get my roots done. I can honestly say that my hair is in the best condition it has ever been since my colouring process started & my hair has actually grown. This is insane as I usually end up constantly trimming the ends due to damage. So I can really recommend Olaplex and confidently confirm that it really worked for mw. Just make sure that you go to a good reputable salon to get the treatment done. You wouldn’t get just any dentist to extract your teeth so why does the same principle not apply to your hair? Big Thanks to Stylebar for making my sessions so pleasant.
This is to happy, healthy & bold hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment