UA-58371704-1

Monday, 7 March 2016

TRAVEL: Exploring London: Part 1

So it's been a rough couple of days post-London and I'm finally getting back into the swing of things and not feeling as tired as what I did when I got back. I've always heard of people talking about jet-lag and the craze of being in different time zones. But I totally get what its about now... Please beware that this post will definitely be picture heavy as I would like to share with you some of the amazing adventures I got to go on while being in London. Ill have to do this post 2 parts, this post would be more about the touristy things I did and ill do another post focused specifically on London Fashion Weekend! 
We arrived and it was much colder than what I expected, yes I was told over and over again, to pack warm. Naughty me, didn't think it would be that cold, but thankfully I survived! It was really awesome to see all the famous landmarks as it's generally what I get to see in movies and not in real life, I was totally that kid in the candy store.
On day 1 when we arrived in London we took a walk down the north end of the Palace of Westminster and then passed the London Eye on the South Bank of the River Thames. It has the most beautiful scenery and the area has such an awesome vibe. I was travelling along side Lauren & Angelique which were winners of the trip to London sponsored by Foschini.
Even though it was just day 1 we were totally excited when passing the 1st souvenir shop and couldn't help to stop and shop for gifts. Seeing the Tower Bridge was an total biggie for me, I think any girl that has watched the "Spice Girls" movie  a thousand times would have loved to see this bridge. The bridge crosses the River Thames close to the Tower of London and has become an iconic symbol of London.
We got around London using the Underground tube which at first was completely confusing but until just before I left had become something I actually enjoyed using. The transport system is nothing short of amazing and can literally take you to any spot in London! On Day 2 we then decided to take a walk through Kensington palace gardens, I was in absolute awe of how beautiful it is... Was hoping Kate and William would peak through the window and wave x
No London tour is complete without the Mandatory Original Red Bus Tour. With over 80 conveniently located bus stops across London and countless photo opportunities, The Original Tour really is the best way to see London and its famous landmarks. 
 This has been one of the most amazing experiences of my life. This is only a small snippet of what I got up to, please check out the next post which you would then be able to see what I got up-to at London Fashion Weekend!

2 comments: