UA-58371704-1

Wednesday, 6 April 2016

How to style curly hair?

If you follow me on social media and read my blog often enough, you would have seen that since last year October I have transitioned into wearing my hair's natural strand more often. I have never really liked my natural curl/frizz. But on this particular day I was running late for my Brand Management exam and had no time to blow dry my hair. So I left the house with no make up and partially damp hair. I finished my exam and when I had a chance to look at myself in the mirror, I kind of had a Ah-ha moment! 
My curls was rather jazzy...
So from that day forth I decided that i'm going to try and wear my hair natural for as long as I possibly could and lay off dryer and the ghd straighter for a while. Ever since I started wearing my hair curly I've been receiving quite a few questions. 
How long does it take to curl your hair? What products do you use? How do you style your hair? So ever since that first daunting exam day, I've managed to get some tips and tricks that has worked for me.

1. I try and not wash my hair more than twice a week my hair's natural oil makes my curls look so much better. Also my hair tends to tangle easily, so I make sure to use a proper de-tangling brush. 
The Tangle Teezer is a great way to start, I purchased mine while I was on London, but just heard that they are selling it at Clicks now too.
2. I use a conditioning treatment religiously once a week. 
3. Make sure your conditioner is rinsed off properly.I find that when I neglect to thoroughly rinse my conditioner off my curls tends to fall flat on my head and the curls does not have that light bouncy feel. Trust me it makes a difference.
4. Use a soft t-shirt to dry your hair. Before I used a towel, I use to wrap the towel around my head and twist. This is thus really bad for your hair and could cause breakage and aggravate your strains to snap... ouch. Be gentle.
5. I prefer drying my hair naturally as I find the curl looks way better. But if you must dry a diffuser is a great second option.
6. To finish off I apply Aunt Jackie's Curl la la custard. I live by this product as it has so many benefits. Which is key for us curly haired girls. 
(There's an awesome range of Aunt Jackie's available make sure you check it out at Clicks)
Also the below product I purchased at Primark in London and I absolutely love this product, it acts as I great styling product!
If you are a curly haired girl and have some tips to share, please comment in the below section.




3 comments:

  1. I've never heard of Aunt Jackie's before but will definitely be looking out for it now at Clicks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing post

    Love Vikee
    www.slavetofashion9771.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This article is so helpful and Tangle Teezers are indeed great for curls!

    Vicky | The Golden Bun - Instagram TGB 

    ReplyDelete