UA-58371704-1

Tuesday, 14 June 2016

The Bay Harbour Market

So I have always heard great things about The Bayharbour market in Houtbat, but as murphy's law would have it, I've lived in Cape Town my entire life and have never been. 
So not knowing what to expect, I headed out and boi oh boi, did I have fun!
My first thoughts as I entered the market was the lingering smell at the entrance of delicious food. The market has a array of unique and very original traders selling handmade produce and a stylish wonderland of exquisite art, crafts and fashion.
The huge roaring fireplace was such a treat and I happened to plonk myself next to it for the most part. The market is also undercover, so visitors are comfortably be shielded from the rain and wind. Which is major + for me. Also PS: if you wanting to stock up on some winter warmth you have to check out these hoodies from Chill Winstan and comfy leather boots from In-Step Surf Boots.
The hustle and bustle and the excitement of the market literally hangs in the air as you hear children's laughter, fun chatter and stunning music playing in the background. There is really something for everyone and I'm sure you would find time running away during a morning or afternoon of roaming. You can click here: to see the variety of Traders that can be found at the Bay Harbour.
Hubby and I started the morning early, browsing some awesome stalls. It's really amazing to think what little gems you can actually find. The 1st place I stopped was at the stall called Blokke and Blomme which has beautiful text carvings, in various fonts and sizes and  can even custom make these beautiful designs to the customers requirements.
The food market was really a sight to see, there was such a variety of food types, from chicken, too seafood even steak if you wish! My favourite was definitely a food stall called Bon-Amie, they had a delicious offering of omelettes, breakfasts, salads and sandwiches, and served everything from veggie burgers and halloumi cheese dishes to traditional South African favourites such as Sringbok and Gemsbok. Yummy...right!
See the below, to find schedule for awesome live entertainment at Bayharbour market!
So if you looking for some great entertainment for the entire family, look no further!
Trading Times
Fridays: 5pm to 9pm, Saturdays: 9:30am to 4pm
and Sundays: 9:30am to 4pm

No comments:

Post a Comment