Colourblocking has been around for quite some time and never the less as summer draws closer it will be coming through strongly in the way we dress in order to create a bold statement. If you thinking of trying out this colourblocking trend, all you need to do is follow a few key guidelines: Try and coordinate the colours of your outfit. It's all about statement pieces and bold colors, creating a simple yet stylish look.
Zando’s fabulous Fashion Editor, Zeane Singer, has put together some top tips to creating colour magic:
- Choose your colours wisely: Consult that colour wheel, the colours that lie opposite
one another are the best for pairing. Think red and green or orange and blue.
- Go bright and bold: For maximised impact, choose vibrant colours such as yellow, pink and shades of bright red. Let’s stick away from pastel here.
- Why not add a pattern: Large stripes or a polka dot anyone?
- Head-to-toe colour: Choose one colour and style yourself head-to-toe, break the bold with a small neutral accessory i.e. nude earrings.
- NEVER underestimate the white shirt: Fruit of the Loom’s got you covered here, try keeping the brighter colours at the bottom and a white tee on top for a more understated look.
- Contrast those fabrics: This adds a little dimension to the outfit, try luxurious silk with heavy wool, or soft cotton with a suede accent colour.
How to get it?
As the number one online retailer in South Africa, Zando now proudly houses Fruit of the Loom, with product pricing between R79 for Kiddies Crew Neck cut to R289 for a Original Style 3 Pack.
Shop Fruit of the Loom on Zando: http://www.zando.co.za/fruit-of-the-loom/
Check out my social media handles for a fun competition whereby you can stand a chance to win a R500 Zando Voucher!